Anyone For Tennis?

Posted by Vicar Vicar

5 Comments

Vicar Vicar

Re: Anyone For Tennis?

Johnno is this similar to the poster you could not divert your attention away from?
Johnno Johnno

Re: Anyone For Tennis?

She is the one who inspired me to play tennis for twenty years.

It has always fascinated me whether that tennis racquet was the Dunlop Maxply John McEnroe model or the earlier Martina Navratalova model,I just keep scratching my head about that.

It is also interesting to note she is using the western grip on her forehand while on her backhand she is using the continental grip . Fascinating stuff!

Colin Davidson Colin Davidson

Re: Anyone For Tennis?

Johnno,
I can now understand why you used to come in to the Albany of a Friday night looking confused. It wasn’t from the hard day at work,(but what to do), either go to a Wet T- Shirt competition or go to a tennis match. So, after 20 years of playing tennis did you ever get to meet the girl in the picture or something close to her?
Col
Vicar Vicar

Re: Anyone For Tennis?

This post was updated on .
Not only Johnno but we all met someone like her every Friday night at the Albany. Playing tennis was not always the intention. What's this racquet you are onto Johnno? I think it was more about keeping score (scoring), like love all, or anyone.
Johnno Johnno

Re: Anyone For Tennis?

Yes Col, those Friday nights at the Albany would always leave me feeling a bit confused and then coming home to those posters didn't help. Sometimes like the poster girl, I would wonder where my pants had gone.

And no, it ever did my tennis any good either probably because none of my mates looked remotely like the girl in the poster.