Old Sundowners Coach on the "Alto Plano"

Posted by Vicar Vicar

3 Comments

Colin Davidson Colin Davidson

Re: Old Sundowners Coach on the "Alto Plano"

I bet Simon enjoyed driving a Ford.
SIMON ARMS SIMON ARMS

Re: Old Sundowners Coach on the "Alto Plano"

I certainly learned a lot about Ford with this vehicle.

It was completely the wrong vehicle for the job, no turbo and too low. A few times we had the vehicle suspended by the front and back with the drive wheels unable to get enough traction.

The trucks in this photo were well bogged and after all this was a major road in Bolivia.

Kit was this the first coach you took on the Overland?

kit carr kit carr

Re: Old Sundowners Coach on the "Alto Plano"

Never seen that one before.

It would have had the 380 normally aspirated engine I guess. No good for altitude work at all.