Simon Arms - Equador

Posted by Colin Davidson Colin Davidson

2 Comments

SIMON ARMS SIMON ARMS

Re: Simon Arms - Equador

Thanks Col,

This was a typical South American adventure. Mechanical problems most days, The bloke with the shirt and the one without spent five nights in a prison in La Paz, Bolivia  where you had to lie on your side to sleep, the cells were so packed there was no room to lie on your back and there was a hole in the floor in the corner. The Red Head was Canadian and made the trip memorable. The biggest problem was the lack of a Turbo on this vehicle and it was common for passengers to have to jump out and push at critical moments. I went through a can of "ether start" a week while on the Alto Plano. 80 days Bogota in Colombia to Rio in Brazil with no valid "Carnet de Passage" for the bus.
Colin Davidson Colin Davidson

Re: Simon Arms - Equador

I found the picture on the net and thought it should be added to the Picture section.

Once again a good story has been told.