DAR516K

Posted by SIMON ARMS SIMON ARMS

3 Comments

Colin Davidson(Shirley) Colin Davidson(Shirley)

Re: DAR516K

Is that the " Titanic" Simon ????
SIMON ARMS SIMON ARMS

Re: DAR516K

This post was updated on .

Sure is Col!

Phil and I named her (in the Pub up the road from the yard) after a frustrating day when we realised that she looked good from the outside (and inside) but underneath there was scope for improvement.

 I, and all those who worked with me would know that she was a better coach (after eight overlands) when I parked her in the security park in July 1979 than the vehicle Alan and I picked up from the Armchair yard two years previously.

Phil and I had a rubber stamp made and I put it in every passport of passengers who travelled on her, a couple of times it did cause me some trouble at borders when"Ralph" had some trouble understanding what the stamp was about and why it was there.

Thats the "SLUG" on the right at the back, Phil and I did a lot of work on this vehicle proir to our first Capricorn adventure to Morocco and I did another with English Mike about a year later. We had given it a big clean and polish and Mr Dick was very happy as this was another of his "on the side" operations.
Colin Davidson(Shirley) Colin Davidson(Shirley)

Re: DAR516K

The Pub up the road from the workshop, was The Adelaide Pub. The barman- owner was quite a character. He swore like a trooper.