Istanbul Arrival

Posted by Colin Davidson Colin Davidson

3 Comments

Colin Davidson Colin Davidson

Re: Istanbul Arrival

This post was updated on .
Myself and Peter Thompson, on our arrival in Istanbul.  Peter was a passenger on TK210. We had just completed a 4 and a half day run from Kabul. The passengers on TK210 arrived in Istanbul a few hours ahead of us. I could have picked the passengers up at Istanbul Airport if I hadn’t done a detour to Goreme to collect camping gear that had already been picked up by someone else. Kees Van Yperen had collected the passengers from the airport, and finished off the tour through Russia.

Sadly, Peter passed away 2 years ago.
darcy waller darcy waller

Re: Istanbul Arrival

 Hi Col,
 I have been in contact with Kees, for several years now his former wife  Margaret  was workmate of my wife we attended their wedding in the early 80s, he also was a member of the surf club that I have been attached to for the past fifteen years  so we caught up again. Kees has unique place in Australian Surf Lifesaving history , he crossed  Bass Straight in one of  the first rubber ducks as a way of proving their worth to the surf lifesaving community it was a courageous voyage and since then rubber ducks have saved uthousands of lives in aus and nz , kees has not been well of late and does not use  a computer.  I will let him know that that he has been mentioned in this forum .
Cheers
Darcy Waller
Colin Davidson Colin Davidson

Re: Istanbul Arrival

Darcy,
Please give him my regards, and tell him I hope his health improves.
Col