Simon Arms & Prince Charles !!!

Posted by Colin Davidson Colin Davidson

4 Comments

Colin Davidson Colin Davidson

Re: Simon Arms & Prince Charles !!!

Prince Charles !!! God he had a good suntan when that photo was taken Simon.
SIMON ARMS SIMON ARMS

Re: Simon Arms & Prince Charles !!!

This photo was taken in 1966 with a very small Minolta 16mm camera. Charles was with us at Timbertop for about 8 months and in this photo he is explaining the finner points of Fly Fishing at the School dam. There were about 120 boys at this school in the bush near Mt Buller (Vic) and EVERY weekend you had to be "off campus" either assisting local farmers, Camping or Hiking. We always worked in groups of three or four and it was not unusual for groups to trek over 130 km through the Australian Bush in a three day weekend. You had to run three crosscounties every week and we did a full marathon over Mt Buttercup later in the year. 15 boys lived in a free standing "unit" in a bush setting and basically self sufficient, as an  example we had to gather wood to heat water for hot showers and warm the unit. I discovered that the Merrijig Pub was a three hour walk each way and I made pocket money selling beer and cigarettes to my fellow students. The average age was around 15.
Vicar Vicar

Re: Simon Arms & Prince Charles !!!

And if you try telling young kids today ...... they won't believe you.
Colin Davidson Colin Davidson

Re: Simon Arms & Prince Charles !!!

This post was updated on .
That's Charlie alright. No one else except one of the Royal Family would wear their trousers up around there adam's apple.