Sundowners Troika April 1976I was on a Sundowners Troika tour which left Sydney 26th April 1976. I think our driver was Colin Schofield. The photo shows all the members of the tour group

19 Comments

Vicar Vicar

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

Where was this taken? Are the crew in this picture?
Petehelm Petehelm

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

Hi. I think this was taken either in Singapore or Bangkok.
The family were just looking over my shoulder as I was posting and my wife, who I met on the trip, said she thought it was before we met the driver.
Vicar Vicar

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

If it were in any of those places you would not have met the crew until Kathmandu. Thanks for the pic.

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 6:53 PM Petehelm [via Your Pictures] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi. I think this was taken either in Singapore or Bangkok.
The family were just looking over my shoulder as I was posting and my wife, who I met on the trip, said she thought it was before we met the driver.

http://your-pictures.1053811.n5.nabble.com/Troika-from-Sydney-26th-April-1976-tp5707207p5707209.html
To start a new topic under Your Pictures, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Your Pictures, click here.
NAML
Petehelm Petehelm

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

Sundowners Troika April 1976 Group at Taj MahalI have a heap of digitized photos of the trip and I am sure I would have one with Colin. I don't think I have another detailed formal group shot after we left Katmandu. However, I found a grainy shot of the group at the Taj Mahal.
Petehelm Petehelm

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

Colin Our driver
Colin our driver
Vicar Vicar

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

Even when I zoom in, it is hard to distinguish anyone I know.
Vicar Vicar

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

Is the single photo Colin?
Petehelm Petehelm

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

yes i believe that is Colin. i did add a caption to that effect but it doesn't appear to be uploaded. i will go back and edit
Andrew Page Andrew Page

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

Yes this pic was taken in Singapore? Bizarrely I recognise the Asian guy on the right. He was our guide and his name was Jerry!
Chris Upton Chris Upton

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

I think the first shot might be Singapore, possibly in front of Raffles Hotel?
Ji recognise a few, but can only name a handful. Tim from S Dakota, Henk from Netherlands, plus Robyn and crew
Great shots!
Petehelm Petehelm

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

I have just been in contact with another friend who was on the same trip ang he has a much clearer version of the same group photo at the Taj Mahal. I will ask him if he could upload
Andrew Page Andrew Page

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

Yes that’s Colin Schofield. The second driver and courier was Bruce somebody! Yes, I’ll forward to Tim. He gave me David Ingrouille’s link but I lost it. I’ll search back, and forward to him too.
My haircut was a Martin Curley special, do you remember?
Petehelm Petehelm

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

hi. is it possible to set up our own page for the Troika trip April 1976. i still have contact withe other members of the group

Sent from my LG Mobile

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

Hello everyone. Wow, what a nice surprise to see this and have a chance to reconnect with everyone. That was certainly a trip of a lifetime and the memories have never faded. Good times, good places, good people.
Petehelm Petehelm

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

hi Tim, such a long time ago but memories are still great espcially visiting countries like Nepal and India plus the opportunity to go behind the iron curtain. A fantastic experience to visit all those places with like minded people.
If you still have contact details for anyone else on the trip, please let them know about this Sundowners website.
Andrew Page Andrew Page

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

I agree. Incredible now to think that we travelled to places tourists will never be allowed in the foreseeable future like the Swat Valley, Kashmir, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran for Gods sake! Not to mention Soviet Russia!
And the guys on the bus. Gary (3i/c), Alayne, Cheryl, Wendy, Barry, Ros, Joan, Harry (who wouldn’t eat anything spicy!) Judy, and of course the sadly departed Geoff Paradise, killed whilst texting and driving.
Remember stopping in East Germany in a clearing by the road to have lunch which was of course verboten, and border guards with alsatians coming out of nowhere to move us on? Meanwhile the Aussies has set up wickets and a game of cricket was in progress! Bizarre!
darcy waller darcy waller

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

 Col Schofield is alive and well in Sydney as is Bruce Ryall who I think may have been your courier, I will pass on that you have been communicating on this site

Cheers
Darcy x sundowners crew
Petehelm Petehelm

Re: Troika from Sydney 26th April 1976

Hi thanks for the update on Colin and Bruce. I would certainly appreciate if you could pass on the details of this site.
i have a photo of our Sundowners bus at the Blue star hotel Kathmandu with rego SMJ255JSundowners bus at Blue Star hotel Kathmandu
anisazula anisazula

Technical Help

Virus removal software could also be an incredible solution for your computer and truly for yourself, too, since antivirus removes every hindrance from your path and provides you with regular alerts to stay safe online. Your online reputation is so important so on protect it efficiently and effectively. Everyone searches for the sole antivirus software to bring effective ways to eradicate viruses and to stop online hacking. Garmin.com/Express | Rand McNally GPS Update | Download Garmin Express | Rand McNally Update | Garmin.com/mapupdates | Mywifi Ext | belkin router setup | Belkin router setup | belkin range extender setup | Belkin Login | Belkin Router Login